Psalm 139:13-16

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Evan Parker Cornett

Evan Parker Cornett was born on Aug. 26, 2012, at 10:50 p.m. to his loving parents, Chris and Lauren Cornett, at the Women's Center in Tupelo. He weighed 4 pounds, 10 ounces, and was 18 inches long.

While we knew his life would be short, everyone who knew him during this time was most certainly blessed by his presence. We anxiously awaited his arrival and once he joined us in this world he visited with us for four and a half hours before leaving his mother's arms and was carried away by the embrace of our Lord. “There is no foot too small to leave an imprint in this world” and he did just that. He walked into our lives and touched our hearts forever.

We are honored and humbled by the charity and selflessness of those around us. We give very special thanks to Mary Meghan Mabus and Stephanie Rhea Barcia for documenting our time with our precious little one and Will Rambo for his continued support and prayer.

Evan is survived by his parents, Lauren and Chris Cornett; grandparents, Jan and David Rowan, and Charlotte Walton; great-grandparents, Katherine and Royce Hill; aunts, Leigh-Ann Corder and Camille Rodgers; uncles, Denny Corder and James Rodgers; cousins, Kelsey and Ethan Corder, and Adam and Ellinor Rodgers; and many great-aunts, great-uncles, cousins and family friends. He is preceded in death by his great-grandparents, Annie Lois and Byron Fitzgerald, Jamison Rowan, and Argie Guy Cornett.

There will be a private graveside service at Pontotoc Memorial Gardens today, Aug. 29, at 2 p.m.

“An angel in the Book of Life wrote down my baby's birth. Then whispered as she closed the book, ‘Too beautiful for this Earth.’” As we carry on, you will never be forgotten.

Please pray for this family today.

1 comment:

  1. I will continue to pray for the Cornett family. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete