Psalm 139:13-16

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Monday, August 27, 2012

Evan is with Jesus

Evan's Aunt Camille wrote this update this morning:

"I met the most amazing little boy last night.  He made the sweetest little sounds and had ticklish feet.  His skin was the softest soft.  And he was beautiful.  He stayed strong for his family for five and a half hours!  Lauren told him about some very important things that little boys needed to know about.  And Chris held onto him a lot.  We said goodbye to him this morning which was incredibly hard and sweet.  I can only imagine the multitudes in Heaven taking care of him right now.  God has been glorified in so many ways because of Evan.  I thank God for letting us love on Evan for the past nine months while growing closer to Him at the same time.  Please continue to pray for Lauren and Chris."

My heart breaks to have to write that he is in Heaven, but I know that he is richly blessed because he only knew love in life.  I praise God for giving them gracious time with Evan.  I can imagine his precious family passing him around and oohing and ahhing at his sweet body.  I'm sure they commented about who he looked like and kissed his sweet cheeks all night.  I can't imagine how empty their arms feel today. 

I pray that God would be their Comforter and their Strength right now.  I pray that Lauren's body would heal quickly and easily and that she would have minimal pain.  I pray for her broken heart, as I'm sure she will always feel incomplete without her first boy here with her.  I pray for Chris, as he tries to be strong and take care of Lauren.  Lord, give peace to this family as only You can provide.  Carry them through this nightmare.  Remind them of the sweet memories they have with Evan.  Give them joy through their pain.  Most of all, remind them of your great love for them. 

4 comments:

  1. They are all in my prayers during this difficult time. Thank you for sharing the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for this sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad they got to meet him.. Prayers and love for a family that sounds so sweet..
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps my late husband is busy taking care of this sweet baby. That's a scene I would like to see. May our loving Father wrap his arms around this family and grant them peace.♥♫

    ReplyDelete