Psalm 139:13-16

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Peace

Over the last week especially, I have felt God giving me a heart of peace.  The unknown of Grace's life is one of the hardest things, and up until recently I have really been afraid of what her life means and what her life will be like.  It all seems like chaos to me, to know that what I thought my life was going to be like has been turned upside down.  I guess I've never really had much chaos in my life, thankfully. 

God is giving me such peace in the unknown road we are going down.  Somehow - I know with a lot of prayer by so many interceding on our family's behalf - I feel peace in my heart.

I choose daily (sometimes hour-ly, minute-ly, second-ly) to trust in the peace that God is giving me, instead of the chaos of the unknown in my mind.  This is certainly not always an easy choice.  But He is peace when my fear is crippling.

Isaiah 26:3 - You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Philippians 4:7 - The peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. hello!!! i just wanted to stop by and tell you i was praying for you and sweet grace...may God continue to keep you steadfast and focused on Him during this season of uncertainty. thank you so much for your kind words, and know you all are in my thoughts.

    with love,
    angie

    ReplyDelete