Psalm 139:13-16

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Lydia Transition Update

Lydia has now been in the transition unit of our children's hospital since Sunday.  She continues to make progress!  I actually got to be her nurse the past two days, and it was my honor! 


Here are the updates from her mom, Lori.

Monday: Lydia had another good night!  She got moved to another unit yesterday.  She is still being monitored, and access is still pretty restricted, but it's a step closer to home!  She still has a lot of goals to meet before then, but it feels good to know we are on the right track.  I came home to give Jaycie some much needed attention while Jason stayed with the baby girl last night.  Jaycie has been a real trooper, but is having a hard time only having one of us home at the time.  Thank you all for your continued prayers!  So thankful for each day.

Tuesday: Lydia seemed to have a good night last night.  Trying to adjust the dose of seizure medicine she is on, and they are doing an EEG now to determine seizure activity level.  She was more awake last night which was so sweet.  I'm ready to hear her cry, see her eat, do the things a baby is supposed to do, but I know those things will come in time.  Thank you for your continued prayers for Lydia and our family!

Wednesday: Lydia had another good night.  She took a bottle!!  If she can maintain a good eating schedule they will stop tube feedings.  We are seeing progress every day!  Still no word on EEG results from yesterday, and we are still trying to get all seizure meds balanced.  The Lord's definitely got some big plans for this little girl!


Thank you SO much for your prayers for this precious little girl and our family!  We are blessed with great prayer friends!

Here are some pictures of our sweet Lydia! 

 Look mom, no oxygen---wide awake in the middle of the night
 Sweet family of four
Eating by mouth and loving it

No comments:

Post a Comment