Psalm 139:13-16

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Friday, June 28, 2013

One Week Bottle Free

Tomorrow, Grace will be one week bottle free!

We are still working hard on straw drinking.  We offer her drinks at mealtimes of course, as well as in between and right before bed since it is still a struggle to keep her well hydrated.  She just doesn't seem to get thirsty enough to have a strong desire to drink enough to be hydrated, so we still have to push her.

Our goal is 3 ounces of milk, juice, water at a time.  This would be 18 ounces a day, give or take.  This amount is less than what is recommended, but she has always taken less than what is recommended.  We just keep an eye on wet diapers, which she has plenty of.

So you see we have to push her to take that small amount.  She still doesn't love the straw, but will drink.  We still have to distract her a lot.  I hope with time she will like the straw and drink more.

We are looking at finding a good straw cup for her, but want to talk with our speech therapist before making any major decisions.

The next thing that Grace needs to learn is to hold her cup on her own.  :)

Ok, that's enough talk!  I am just praising Jesus for weaning from the bottle!

1 comment: