Psalm 139:13-16

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Thursday, March 8, 2012

"Toddler" Stats

Our sweet baby is now officially a toddler!  This makes my heart both happy and sad at the same time!  Her stats are: weight 22 lb, 13 oz; length 29 in; head circumference 40.5 cm.  She is 75th%tile for weight and 50th%tile for length.  She is <5th%tile for head circumference, but her head continues to grow.  It is VERY evident that her brain is growing!  She is learning like crazy!

So what is Grace doing these days?  Well first of all, she is growing!  She is eating some table foods finally (after seeing a speech therapist).  She is also taking liquids other than formula, including a little juice and some milk.  Our pediatrician recommended keeping her on formula for a little longer until she is eating more table foods.  Table foods we have tried include: green beans, pineapple, peas, and carrots.  She is also eating yogurt, pudding, salt free saltine crackers, graham crackers, and Cheerios.  She is unable to feed herself, but I am confident she will learn this skill!

Her most recent accomplishment with PT is getting into a sitting position on her own!  She did this for the first time two nights ago, and has really been working hard!  Our next goal is CRAWLING!  I can't believe it!  She did great in PT this week, and we practiced crawling at home for the first time today and she did great!  She is doing better with her legs...we've just got to get her arms doing the right thing!

In OT, we are continuing to work on grasping and holding onto (for longer periods) smaller objects.  Overall, she is doing really well with OT.  It's a little harder to see progress with OT, but she is certainly making some!  Most recently, she is consistently able to put her paci back in her mouth!  This is a great skill to have!  :)

She currently has three teeth (2 on bottom and 1 on top), and is working on a fourth one!  She looks SO cute with her teeth!  Teething has given Grace no problems! 

I think her vision is continuing to improve.  I was testing her the other day...we were laying in our big bed and without saying anything as she was looking at me, I gave her a big smile, and she gave me a big smile back.  We did this several times!  It was very encouraging!  We will see a new pediatric opthamologist in May.

Grace is on the waiting list for an awesome school in our area!  It's called Little Lighthouse, and it's a preschool for children with special needs.  The waiting list is long (we are #33), but we are praying that Grace will get in sooner than later.  

Recently, we have had appointments with her neurosurgeon and her pediatrician.  They are both very pleased with how well Grace is doing!  And of course Chad and I are too! :)

Thank you for your prayers for Grace, and thank you for continuing to pray for her!  As always, we give all praise and honor to our Father, who has Grace in the palm of His hands.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of exciting news that is happening because you are working on these goals as dedicated and loving parents. It's a lot of work to be good parents!♥♫

    ReplyDelete