Psalm 139:13-16

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Back to School

Grace started back to school August 12.  Sorry for the delay in posting about it and her progress over the break.  We have been SO busy!


Can you tell she is still not a morning person?!  This picture was on her first day of school.  During the break she had gotten used to sleeping until 8:00 or 8:30 when I was off.  For school, she has to get up by 7:00!  She does not appreciate the early mornings!

The week before Grace's first day back, she had Meet the Teachers!

Rockin and rollin at school!

I LOVED the new bulletin board!  It says "We Bee-long to Jesus!"  Yes, you do, baby girl!

And I just thought these pictures were too cute!  You can see some of the progress she made over the break in the last picture.






So, for an overview of her progress during the break...
-She continues to do better with the "W" sitting position, although she will still sit this way.  She usually responds to our correction "sit pretty".
-She is doing great with pulling up.  We finally figured out that she had a hard time pulling up with our hardwood floor, so we borrowed a tile from our PT that has more grip to it, and she can do it easily with that!  She still doesn't do it totally on her own will, but she CAN do it, so I'm just waiting on the right motivation for her to do it all the time.
-She is doing GREAT with her walker!  We are giving walking a purpose (walking to her high chair for meals, walking to her room to play, etc).  She is able to walk fast!  And she loves it, so we are so proud!
-She can finally HOLD HER STRAW CUP!  This was probably one of the biggest accomplishments that we've made recently!
-We are still working on handing objects on request...
-Ok, so we haven't done much with weaning from paci's.  She still uses it some at school, and she definitely crawls to her crib and gets them out when she wants to at home.  I try to keep them put up so she can't get them, but then she crawls to her crib and gets mad that they're not there ha!  Oh well...we will continue to work on this.
-She is imitating more and more sounds!  She "sings" songs and makes animal noises, and says a few words.

We recently went on our first family vacation to the beach!  We had so much fun and made some great memories!  I will post pictures from it soon.

***Grace is having surgery next Tuesday, September 3.  She will be having ear tubes put in and her tonsils and adenoids removed.  I am NOT looking forward to the recovery period, but I know the end result will be worth it!  Her most recent hearing test was normal, but it was at the lowest end of normal, and our ENT said her ears look bad.  She has chronic fluid, which is affecting her hearing and in return her speech.  Also, Grace snores every night, and when she is sick, she is having some sleep apnea.  Our ENT said her tonsils and adenoids are definitely contributing to this (her tonsils are BIG).  So, the end result (I hope) will be better hearing and improved speech, as well as improved sleep.  Please PRAY for Grace (and Chad and me) as she has surgery and we all go through the recovery!***

5 comments:

  1. Karen, I bet you will notice a difference in her walking as well. When both of our boys had their tubes put in, you can tell a difference very quickly. I can't wait to see your posts after she is recovered from surgery and going again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! She is standing so straight and tall and looking stronger, too. Prayers for you all, including those doctors and nurses in ER.♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace is too adorable! I love her back to school shirt and pink shoes (Charlotte has the same ones for when she gets bigger). Big prayers for her surgery and that it makes a huge difference in her speech and sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the back to school pics and those pink shoes - SO cute!!! GiGi LOVES looking at all Grace's pictures with me! Can't wait to hear about Grace's progress after she heals from surgery! Prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete