Psalm 139:13-16

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Playing Catch Up

We've been busy this summer, so I am playing catch up with this post!  


At the end of June, we helped celebrate Grace's friend and future husband Walker's first birthday!  He had a splash party, and we had so much fun!


 Making a splash!

 The birthday boy was busy splashing too!



I recently got to see one of my oldest friends, Lauren.  When I say "oldest," I mean we met in the seventh grade in Coach Murphy's class (17 or 18 years ago!).  We surprised Lauren at her work!  It was great to see her!  Please pray for Lauren, her husband Chris, and their baby Evan.  At 20 weeks pregnant (in April), they found out that Evan has anencephaly.  Her blog is http://funtimeswithshearow.blogspot.com/


We celebrated Independence Day by spending time with family and friends.  We went to Pickwick, went swimming, and had a fish fry.  Grace enjoyed the fried fish and all the good sides that came with it!  We enjoyed celebrating Independence Day as we remembered what the day is about, celebrating our country's freedom!

 Grace was posing

My twin sister Kristen and me



 Also since my last post, I turned the big 3-0!  I worked on my birthday, so we forgot to take pictures.  :(  I celebrated by spending time with family, getting taken out to dinner by Lyndsey and Suzanne, enjoying lunch and cake thanks to my coworkers, and getting visited at work by Chad and Grace!  This is going to be a GOOD decade!  :)


Grace has been doing great in therapy!  First of all, she is almost there with crawling!  Our newest focus is teaching her to get into the crawl position on her own and keeping her legs at a 90 degree angle to her body while in the crawl position (she likes to have her legs/knees/feet under her like a frog).  She got really upset in PT this week (and last week), but she did really good.  Our PT wants Grace to be able to get into the crawl position on her own by next week!  We have a lot of work to do, but I know she can do it!  She also did great in OT last week!  Our newest focus there is teaching her to pull objects to herself by pulling the string that is attached to them.  Make sense?  Apparently this is a big skill to learn.  I think she'll do it very soon!  We also saw our ST last week (we only see her as needed).  Grace continues to have issues with taking in liquids in any way other than her bottles.  I was hoping we could start teaching her to drink through a straw, but our ST says we are not ready for that yet.  We will continue what we are currently doing (teaching her to drink at the edge of a cup) and get her less sensitive to things on/in her mouth.  


This past weekend, Chad and I had our first date night in a long time, and we decided to take a family picture before our date!  We also took pictures of the cousins on Sunday after church.  Enjoy!


 Grace was busy trying to take her shoes and socks off
 Pretty girl in her dress from Aunt Susie all the way from Thailand!



Ok, I think that about catches you up!  Please continue to pray for Grace!  There is a list of prayer requests on the right side of my blog.  Thank you!

I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4

3 comments:

  1. Happy to visit and read the latest progress.♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Grace is posing in that picture and I can't believe how long her hair has gotten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - your little girlie is getting so big! she really is a happy little miracle! I sent your link over to my friend, Libba. Libba and her hubby lost their sweet little girl, Glory, to anencephaly in February. She is such an incredible mom and her love for little Glory is amazing. I told her she might be a good one to reach out to your friend. her story and info are caring bridge, libbaarmenta is the search name. It is truly the most incredible mommy love story.

    ReplyDelete