Psalm 139:13-16

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Friday, June 17, 2011

Beautiful Heart


This is a picture from our first ultrasound with Grace!  I love it!  You can clearly see her heart, and I remember being able to see it beating at that appointment when I was seven weeks pregnant.  That was one of the best moments of my life.

One of the things many of the doctors commented about, even after the diagnoses of the birth defects, was her "beautiful four chamber heart".  I always loved when they said that, because I knew she would have a beautiful heart, both literally and figuratively.

My baby girl is beautiful, heart and all!  :)

"You hem me in - behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain."  Psalm 139: 5-6

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your memories of your pregnancy with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,
    I just found your blog b/c you were following mine--your story is so similar to ours! Little Grace looks like she's doing great, and I really appreciate the glory that you've give to God on your blog. Thank you for being an encouragment to me! I'm wishing I could send you my e-mail, but I'm not going to put it up here :), and I couldn't figure out how to send you a message off your blog. Maybe if you're more internet-savy than I am, you can figure out how to message me somehow :)
    Kindly,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post! So glad to see the progress Grace is making. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete